Get Your StoryTime Play Membership
Get your books ready and we will provide you with all the activity ideas you need.
Owl Moon, by Jane Yolen, is a peaceful read about a little girl who goes out with her dad on a cold evening to listen for owls. The beautiful illustrations lend themselves to lots of great discussions!
Snowmen at Night, by Caralyn Buehner, is a fun filled wintertime tale about what might happen to those snowmen around town once we all go to sleep. The book offers many amusing details about the secret life of snowmen and what they might do while we are not around.
The Mitten Tree, by Candace Christiansen, is a sweet winter story to read in February and connect to love and caring about others. In the story, a woman named Sarah watches out her window as neighborhood children gather at the blue spruce tree to wait for the bus. When she notices one boy without mittens, she worries all day. Finally she digs out her old basket of yarn and begins knitting. In the end, we learn what it means to have a heart full of love.
The Snowy Day, by Jack Ezra Keats, is about the magic of a little boy’s first experience with a snowy day in the city.
How StoryTime Play Works
Start Your Subscription
Subscribe now to get 2 book write-ups a month. (Books Not Included)
Get Access To Activities
Every month 2 new book write-ups will be added to your account.
Enjoy The Activities
What is included with the book write-ups each month?
- 2 book write-ups a month (book not Included)
- Vocabulary list, questions for teaching inferencing skills to enhance comprehension and journal prompts
- Detailed activities that cover learning standards for Math, Language & Literacy, Science and Art
- An exclusive Facebook group just for members with bonus activities and Q & A
- Access to our book bank
- Save hours of searching the internet for activity ideas