A Beach Tail, by Karen Lynn Williams, is about a little boy who draws a lion in the sand at the beach and makes the lion’s tail so long that he ends up exploring lots of different beach items along the way.
What is included with the book write-up?
- Vocabulary list
- Questions for teaching inferencing skills to enhance comprehension
- Journal prompts
- Detailed activities that cover learning outcomes for Math, Language & Literacy, Science and Art
- Save hours of searching the internet for activity ideas
- Hands on activities with things you can find around the house
Learning Outcomes Covered
- Children will develop an understanding of new vocabulary introduced in conversations, activities, stories or books
- Children will develop skills in listening for the purpose of comprehension
- Children will develop age appropriate writing skills
- Children will use language to indicate where things are in space: positions, directions, distances, order
- Children will sort and classify objects
- Children will acquire scientific knowledge related to earth science
- Children will explore and use a variety of materials to develop artistic expression